Friday, May 7, 2010

PP 1st Final Board 23

Board 23
Dlr S
Vul Both
♠ 6 3 2
♥ 7 6 4
♦ 10 7 4 3
♣ K 4 2
♠ J 8 7 5♠ Q 10 4
♥ Q 10 3♥ A K J 8 5 2
♦ K 8 6♦ J 9
♣ 8 6 5♣ 10 3
♠ A K 9
♥ 9
♦ A Q 5 2
♣ A Q J 9 7

Franco
Andy
South
West
North
East
1♣PassPass1♥
Dbl2♥PassPass
DblPass2NT3♥
All Pass

[Andy] South took like several minutes before his last pass. I knew he had a big hand, and I had wondered if I should have bid 3♥ a round earlier. My actual choice happened to work out a lot better -- South surely would have had to double 3♥ if it had been bid a round earlier, and only bad things could happen to our side from there.

3♥ by East -100, 10/17


No comments:

Post a Comment