Thursday, April 22, 2010

Platinum Pairs 1st Final Board 14

Board 14
Dlr E
Vul None
♠ K 4 2
♥ K J 8 6
♦ Q 7
♣ Q J 10 5
♠ 10 9 7♠ A 6 5 3
♥ 9 3♥ A 10 5 2
♦ A K 9 8♦ J 10 4 2
♣ A 9 8 2♣ 4
♠ Q J 8
♥ Q 7 4
♦ 6 5 3
♣ K 7 6 3


Franco
North
Andy
South
PassPass
1♦DblRdblPass
Pass1♥2♦2♥
PassPassDblPass
3♦All Pass

Apparently we were given a nice option to double 2♥.  I wasn't sure how penalty this double was, and couldn't really believe the opponents would bid this way with only 7 trumps, so I chickened out and pulled.  Turns out +500 was only worth an additional 2.5 matchpoints.  [Andy -- this is incorrect, +500 would have been a top.]

They led a club.  I won and ruffed a club, then led a low heart from dummy.  North won and tried a trump, but I was able to cross ruff for 10 tricks.  +130 9.5/16


1 comment:

  1. I think the double of 2H is very much penalty, although a bit aggressive for my liking, especially with non-vulnerable opps. But you wound up at what seems to be the par contract anyway.

    ReplyDelete