Friday, April 9, 2010

Platinum Pairs 1st Final Board 5

Board 5
Dlr North
Vul N-S

♠ K 4 3
♥ K 10 7 6 4
♦ Q J 2
♣ K 7
♠ A 9 6 5 ♠ J 10 2
♥ J 9 3 ♥ Q 8 5
♦ 10 5 3 ♦ K 9
♣ 8 3 2♣ A J 10 6 5
♠ Q 8 7
♥ A 2
♦ A 8 7 6 4
♣ Q 9 4




Andy
Franco
West North East South
1♥ Pass1N
All Pass

We've started opening a bit lighter, plus maybe this was never worth a 2/1 to begin with, so I elected to respond 1N and was a bit surprised/worried to find myself playing it there.

I won the opening spade lead with the Q and knocked out the ♦K. A spade came back, won in dummy. I tested diamonds, then led a low club to the Q.

When I ran diamonds, East pitched 2 hearts, giving me a chance to take the rest. But, I was happy to have 9 tricks. Not sure what was right.

150 was 11/17. It appears risking 120 to gain overtricks would have laid 3-2 odds.


No comments:

Post a Comment